CMS Publishing Task 3 CDM Year 3

 

Content Management Systems CDM Year 3

Publishing Task 3

B00138525 – Jack Roche


 

The general process I used to migrate was All-In-One WP Migration Plugin, which I found by searching for it on my WordPress Dashboard in the new plugin’s tab. This plug-in was suggested to us by our lecturer and served to export and import our sites to a certain size. To avail of this size concern, I exported my must-use plug-ins, database and so on, but chose to not carry over my other plug-ins, opting to install them from the hosting WordPress dashboard instead. The CA2 site can be found here. I used Infinity Free to host the site.

I chose to use TwentyTwenty as my theme as it was clean and simple and allowed me to make multiple changes or use code snippets without restraint from paywalls.

The site also uses plug-ins listed here to do the following-

• WooCommerce- Used for CTA buttons and general ecommerce utilities such as a basket

• Hubspot- Implementation of a Live Chat feature

• MailPoet- Implementation of a notification system for blog updates through email

• Code Snippets- General integration of code snippets into the website

• AMP- Faster loading times on website improving customer performance

• WP-Optimise- Even further optimise the website to be faster and less bulkier, management

of website cache and Database

• All-in-One Migration- Migration of website from localhost to infinityfree

• Blogger Importer- Used in importing Blogger Blog to the site

The site also made use of code snippets which I edited to improve these features and designs:

• Minimal Code Snippet for Anti-Spam (changed smallest comment length to 10 characters)

• Mark comments with very large URL’s as spam

• Disable the WordPress version in the header

• When WooCommerce CTA button is selected, display text “added to cart” with hyper link to

basket (I edited this text)

• Remove admin bar from front end

• Bonus: I went into the footer.PHP file and deleted the snippet for the hyperlink at the

bottom of the page that reads “Powered by WordPress”
























Comments